Sunday 14 October 2012

Day 4 Post Op

Took a sleeping tablet last night - and after 10 mins I was fast asleep and didn't remember a thing until I woke up (with a clear head) at 8 am this morning.  A day of rest and relaxation.  Engin mentioned that Diane and Lisa were going back to the hospital this evening for their last post operative checkups, so I asked him if I could go along as well as the liquid from the drain tubes was running a pale straw colour this morning and he said it would be fine for me to go as well.
The traffic was the worst I have yet seen in Istanbul - it took us 2½ hours to get there.  I swear that I will never EVER complain about traffic jams on the Newton Road again lol.
The surgeon had a look and said that I was healing extremely well and that that he was happy to remove the drains for me (YAY!!!!) and I had a good look at what he had done to my tummy - it is AMAZING!!!!!!!  All the ripples and pock marks were gone and the incision lines are well below my pantie line (except for one small vertical line running up from the tummy tuck button where he had removed my old belly button and sutured it closed - yes, he must have removed a tremendous amount of skin).  My new tummy was flat and smooth as a sheet of glass and he said it would improve a lot more over the next 6 to 8 weeks once the swelling had gone.  To say I am thrilled must be the understatement of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. As all comments are moderated, it will appear in the blog once it has been approved. Any attempts to spam this blog with adverts will be removed and blocked.
Thank you for your patience -- Carol